Re: NANFA--thatpetplace.com, LFS'

Sajjad Lateef (sajjad_at_acm.org)
Wed, 13 Dec 2000 09:38:05 -0600 (EST)

Here is a list of all fish stores that I have been to in
the NorthWest and North Suburbs of Chicago.

The Fish Rac at Camp McDonald Road and Elmhurst is a great store.
Rick, the owner, knows his stuff. This is the one that I visit
most often (closest to me).

Fish Rac Inc
(847) 392-3064
1512 N Elmhurst Rd, Mt Prospect, IL 60056

This store is dedicated for pet supplies but there are a few freshwater
and a few salt tanks. Cheap prices on foods ($14 for a large TetraMin
canister usually $20 at other stores, $10 online). Owner breeds cichlids,
has some awesome huge Oscars, some rare lake cichlids (not for sale).

Pet Food Warehouse
(847) 705-7745
777 N Quentin Rd, Palatine, IL 60067

There is Rainbow Pets on Schaumburg Road west of Springisguth <sp>
next to the Fire Station.
The owner is into cichlids - big time. Has a variety of live
foods too. Sells birds, reptiles and other pets too.

Rainbow Pets
(847) 301-9600
1417 W Schaumburg Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60194

My fav store is Aquatic World in Chicago. A rather long drive
from Schaumburg but worth it occasionally.
Sean, the owner, is more into saltwater but he's friendly.
Check out the huge (20lb+) gourami and his private salt tank.
Reasonable prices on live food.

Aquatic World
(773) 935-2028
3039 N Lincoln Ave, Chicago, IL 60657

Park Ridge has a great one on Devon and Cumberland
(just west on Devon, south side of street). This is a
huge store with a large shark tank (small swimming pool size).

Living Sea Aquarium
(847) 698-7258
811 Devon Ave, Park Ridge, IL 60068

Evanston's nicest fish store (probably the nicest in Chicagoland).
They can get some hard-to-find fish if you order them.
Very large selection of fish/inverts/plants.

Sea Shell Pet Shop
(847) 675-3474
9235 Skokie Blvd, Skokie, IL 60077

I have been to the Old Town Aquarium on North Avenue and Wells
in Chicago. A tad bit expensive but helpful staff.

Old Town Aquarium
(312) 642-8763 (probably area code 773 now)
1538 N Wells St, Chicago, IL 60610