Re: NANFA-- RE: Fundulus similus

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 04 Dec 2002 23:40:39 -0500

<x-flowed>
I wish I'd seen that, B.G.! You're right in your speculation about F.
similis, they spawn on a full-moon, high-tide cycle. I think I saw a
just-spawned swarm of similis' close cousin, F. majalis, leaving a salt pond
(tidally connected enclosed bay) on Cuttyhunk Island off of Cape Cod as the
high tide went out. I'd never seen that many of them together before or
since, as they poured out of this narrow tidal sluice into Buzzards Bay. But
I didn't get a good look at their coloration as they flowed by...

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

</x-flowed>