Re: NANFA-- NANFA preserve

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Mon, 9 Dec 2002 16:06:50 -0600

Texas has a cooperative setup for wetland landowners to preserve their wetlands

http://www.tpwd.state.tx.us/post_oak/waterfowl/etwp.htm

The focus has been to conserve/preserve waterfowl but as we've seen... preserve the birds and many other native organisms will benefit. Its also done in cooperation with Ducks Unlimited. It seems to be a good program. There are grants and tax incentives to maintaining/restoring wetlands.

I agree whole heartily that this direction should be explored, especially as membership grows.

John