RE: NANFA-- collecting florida fish in tennessee

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 10:49:29 -0500

Way cool. I've always watched the feeder fish tanks too. A mess of juv
shellcracker showed up in a batch of rosy reds (I actually managed to sell
these out of the shop heh) and I've also found sticklebacks in with goldfish.
Bait shops are prime too, if you can get in good with the owner. At the bait
shop I used to frequent for minnows in closed system pond, they'd have
something show up at least once a month with the shiners or fatheads. I've
still yet to find schweet killies or anything like that. Maybe I should start
to encourage my LFS to bring them in and give the O-spots and Spicoli and
extra treat weekly :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Prizma_at_aol.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 18, 2002 10:34 AM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: NANFA-- collecting florida fish in tennessee

i keep saving traveling expenses, gator dodging willies and license fees for
florida natives.
for the third time in as many months my local fish store guy has rang me up.
i jump in the van and head over there w/ my cooler. from his tanks ive
collected 2 sailfin mollies, 1 swamp darter, 2 blue fin killies and just a
few days ago 2 juvi seminole killies! these critters keep arriving in the
ghost shrimp deliveries... coming from way south i believe near clearwater
florida. gambusia are also included but so far none of the black marked
males.
amazing diversity.
be sure to check your local pet stores ghost shrimp deliveries... i bet a lot
of them come from the same location.
-