Re: NANFA-- todays redneck

m c (midgatutordigests_at_yahoo.com)
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 13:48:26 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, they are lagomorphs.

They used to be classed as rodents, and then as a
"double toothed" sub order of rodents (2 rows of
incisors up front), and now as an independent order as
the fossil record indicates that they evolved from an
independent line. Rabbits evolved from an insectivore,
rodents are more closely reated to primates. Rabbits
never use their forpaws to grasp, only for locomotion
and digging, as opposed to rodents who are often simi
arborial and thus often hold things in their hands.

-Michael Cordry
Official Nerd in Residence
Johnson County GA

=====