Re: NANFA-- dwarf sturgeon / captive breeding / refuguia

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Fri, 20 Dec 2002 17:25:10 EST

In a message dated 12/20/02 1:58:57 PM Eastern Standard Time,
dameda_at_shands.ufl.edu writes:

> Thanks, Martin, that thought helped me suddenly frame an underlying question
> that has (perhaps) been lurking around this discussion ... namely ...

You guys seem to think I want to save a giant squid. This is a fish small
enough to keep in an aquarium or small pond. A few dozen people could keep
more of them alive than currently exist. An outdoor refuge is not required.
Why does everyone seem to think only of ways to make things more difficult
and complex. one day the ecosystem of the dwarf sturgeon might recover but
there will be no dwarf sturgeon to put in it unless we make it so. All the
wish we had's and should haves will mean nothing.

Moon