RE: NANFA-- peacock bass

Shireen Gonzaga (whimbrel_at_home.com)
Mon, 20 Dec 1999 22:03:48 -0500

From: "Jay DeLong" <thirdwind_at_att.net>
> Then there are the people who have a deeper understanding
> and passion for the environment. These people are diamonds
> in a world of cubic zirconia. These diamonds are all across
> the continent. Some are in NANFA and some are on this list.
> I don't pretend to be anywhere close to that point but I
> aspire to a greater understanding of the world. And because
> some of them are taking time to contribute to NANFA's efforts
> we'll all learn to understand the world better. You can't
> buy that kind of help.

So true. But it frustrates me no end that the
"some" are still a minority. I've never understood
this: why aren't there more people who are curious
about the natural world, who love it and want to
protect it? It's utterly baffling.

When you have a chance, have a look at this url.
It really puts things into perspective.

http://www.seds.org/billa/psc/pbd.html