Re: NANFA-- Arkansas Darter?

Christopher Scharpf (ichthos_at_charm.net)
Tue, 19 Feb 2002 07:23:36 -0400

The Arkansas darter is a USFWS candidate species, priority 5.

The American Fisheries Society lists it as "vulnerable."

It has a global Natural Heritage ranking of G3--vulnerable. Numerous viable
populations exist, but many populations are threatened by continuing loss of
habitat, especially through dewatering.

State Natural Heritage rankings are as follows:

Arkansas (S1--critically imperiled)
Colorado (S2--imperiled, state-threatened)
Kansas (S2--imperiled)
Missouri (S3--vulnerable)
Oklahoma (S2--imperiled)

Chris Scharpf