Re: NANFA-- cells smashers and ichthyologists

Mike Bessert (mbesser1_at_bigred.unl.edu)
Thu, 21 Feb 2002 05:33:36 -0800

Jay -

I couldn't agree more. Although I probably came off a bit defensive of
"cell smashing," I believe that scientists / naturalists / individuals at
either extreme really do miss out. I think "hybrids" - people in the middle
ground - can make especially important contributions in terms of defining
genetically distinct conservation units, providing supplementary genetic
information to better understand previous behavioral observations, etc.

Thanks for the read.

- Mike