RE:NANFA-- GA checklist (long & tedious)

Steven A. Ellis (sellis2000_at_earthlink.net)
Sat, 16 Feb 2002 01:12:09 -0500

<x-flowed>
Thanks, Mark!

I don't envy your frozen tundra. I guess that's why I keep moving further
and further south. Cool about the birds. I can never remember if the eagles
have square wing tips or rounded. I guess I get impressed by a lot of
buzzards that way. (-:

I don't know which state wins the fish diversity gold medal, but I'd
probably bet on VA.

Steven

At 06:20 PM 2/15/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Steve,
>
>I like the list you put together. I've always been curious about just how
>many freshwater fish were in Georgia. I'm sure you list is in the ballpark.
>I think then Georgia must have about the 3rd or 4th most diverse freshwater
>fish fauna amongst the states. I'm guessing its neck-and-neck with Kentucky
>for 3rd place (I've been watching too much Olympics).
>
>Anyway, things are still frozen over up here, but if the weather continues
>as is, Spring really will start in March! Took the dog out today out in the
>country and saw two Golden Eagles, 92 Greater Prairie Chickens, 5
>Rough-legged Hawks, and a Merlin. Not as fun as looking at fish, but its
>all I've got for now.
>
>Later,
>
>Mark Otnes
>Fargo ND

>/ Association"
>/ This is the discussion list of the North American Native Fishes Association
>/ For more information about NANFA, visit our web page, http://www.nanfa.org

</x-flowed>