Re: NANFA-- smelts

Richard J Rego (newzoo_at_juno.com)
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 09:01:33 -0500

Hi Chris,

If memory serves me correctly, the fish you had when you came up
here was cod. Most Portuguese restaurants receive their cod salted and
dried. The typical Portuguese way is to wash off the salt and let the
fish soak in water to "rehydrate" it. It is then prepared in a number of
ways. The type which you had would have been baked, with various
ingredients added, such as cubed potatoes, bay leaves, chick peas, etc.

OOOHHH makes you want to come back here doesn't it?

Rick.

-----