Re: NANFA-- keeping pygmy sunnies alive?

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Tue, 11 Feb 2003 08:26:29 -0800 (PST)

I have people tell me that elassoma will eat frozen
bloodworms, though I have never tried that route. In
heavy vegetation it may be hard to find your fish!
Best would be to culture Daphnia magna and greenwater.
A simple setup would be to harvest half the culture,
drain half your greenwater culture into your daphnia
tank and feed, to your elassoma and other fish. This
keeps the daphnia and algae pulsing. Be sure to add
some chicken feed (crushed oyster shells) to the
daphnia tank or they will consume the calcium in the
water and crash. Not harvesting also will limit
production.

Klaus

=====