Re: NANFA-- A cyprinid aquarium, Alabama style

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Sun, 09 Jan 2000 13:05:25 EST

Unfrotunately, I don't know what the deal is for non-resident collecting
permits. My cynical take is to say get a non-resident fishing license
because no one in the state seems to really care about collecting non-game
natives, for better or worse. But you're collecting for valid
scientific/research purposes, so I would think you would qualify for a legit
permit. I'll try to find out this week. The Commissioner of Conservation &
Natural Resources is Riley Boykin Smith, so he'll be the target of my
search. (I assume he's in Montgomery.)

--Bruce Stallsmith