Re: NANFA-- Blue Pike news

mcclurg luke e (mcclurgl_at_washburn.edu)
Tue, 23 Jan 2001 12:32:22 -0600 (CST)

If you apply the "Evolutionary Species Concept of Wiley" then it would
lean toward the Blue Pike being it's own distinct lineage with it's own
evolutionary fate. That fate possibly being one of extinction. Or
perhaps it did survive in "transplants" in Canadian lakes. It seems
though, that since the morph itself was so dominant apart from the yellow,
that it would fit into the category of it's own species under the above
concept.

Luke