Re: NANFA-- Low Country trip pictorial

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 16:16:57 -0500

Hey Doug

Sorry you couldn't make the trip in person. Maybe next time! To me, this is
what makes being a NANFA member so rewarding. One day you are wistfully
looking at fishes in a book, and a few days later they are swimming in your
tanks. Besides that, you get to meet people from all over the country. Even
if you are too far away to go on a particular collecting journey, you can,
as you say, do the virtual trip.

For those non-members who have been reaping the benefits for free...c'mon
guys (or gals), it's time to ante up!!! By joining, you'll also get the
American Currents shipped to your door (or, at least, to your mailbox).
That's where the real education begins for me. Some of the best minds in
fishdom (yes, it's now a word) share years of expertise in a neatly
arranged format. And the price...give me a break! I spend more than that in
gas when I go collecting. Earlier in the day Chris posted a link to make it
easy for you to join. Go there...do that!

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA

At 03:52 PM 1/31/02 -0500, you wrote:
>Steven Ellis wrote:
>
>>> If you would like to view the pics of the SC collecting trip, go to:
>>> http://www.nanfa.org/NANFAregions/ga/sc2002/sc.htm
>>>
>>> Thanks to Jay DeLong for creating the page, Fritz Rohde for
>>> the ID help, and the boys from SC for inviting me over there.
>>> Man, do I have great neighbors, or what? Enjoy!
>
>You do, and I did. (That's "have good neighbors" and "enjoy", respectively.)
>
>Thanks to all for doing the work necessary to put these kind of pages out
there ... it really is nice to be able to spend five minutes to go on these
little vicarious trips !!!

>Doug Dame
>Interlachen FL

---