Re: NANFA-- willows and maybe cattails

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 07 Jan 2003 17:14:29 -0500

<x-flowed>
I'm surprised that the consensus on the palatability of stonerollers is so
negative. In the eastern Tennessee hill counties like Washington and
Johnson, the local people usually consider stoneroller to be good and
bitterly resent trout stocking programs because they view trout as inferior
to stoneroller. They call stonerollers "hornyhead" because of the nuptial
males' appearance. Of course, they prefer to eat large individuals, and the
fish come from cold, clear highland streams.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: Ipchay61_at_aol.com
>To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- willows and maybe cattails
>Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 14:46:44 -0500
>
>OK guys.....so we now know that mottled sculpins and creek chub taste good
>while stonerollers are not to be recommended. Anyone with more unusual
>culinary suggestions?
>
>Chip in SC
</x-flowed>