Re: NANFA-- Pictures from reefbuilder

kahley7 (kahseven_at_ptd.net)
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 07:16:30 -0500

<x-flowed>
At 01:36 AM 1/17/03 -0500, Moontanman_at_aol.com wrote:
>In a message dated 1/16/03 9:17:34 PM Eastern Standard Time,
>thirdwind_at_att.net writes:
>
> > It looks like a white plastic jug or painted float. In any event, it's
> > tied securely to the brush underwater. Maybe an angler did it to mark the
> > location of Kahley's reef. Maybe Kahley did it to mark the location of
> > Kahley's reef :-)

Yes, I had to mark the reef and unfortunately, the marker has drawn
fishermen which accounts for the increase in injured bass, I'm afraid.
It is a dilemma I have yet to resolve.

The increase in boaters who see me with my snorkel makes them curious
and unfortunately, they are not all content to just watch. Sunny's first nest
was destroyed during the wreck and I found a snorkeler standing in her/his
second nest, trying to take her/his picture. I became absolutely fanatic about
protecting the final nest which was located next to the inner log but still I
found damage. I'd like to be there 24/7 but dumb things like family and job
interfere. <sigh>..

And of course, fishermen's response to any warning buoy is almost Pavlovian.
I'm really torn by this effect of my presence and manipulation. If I
dismantle
the reef, the fish will disperse and probably lead a more unmolested life.
</x-flowed>