NANFA-- Etheostoma variatum

Mark (markb_at_columbus.rr.com)
Sat, 18 Jan 2003 21:32:39 -0500

At 4:23 PM -0500 1/18/03, Ashton, Matthew J. wrote:
>okay im drawing a blank on the darby and deer creek location
>
>also i can get some private access to Big Creek (off the Grand) and there is
>also a large park just a few minutes from the private access i plan on
>checking that out myself in the early early spring.

Sounds cool. Let me know if you need any help.

I was saying that Etheostoma variatum is also in the Darbys and Deer Creek,
but they would normally be difficult to observe there (snorkling) because
of soil runoff and algae caused by nutrient enrichment from fertilizers and
sewage plant effluent. The Beaver Creek site is clearer water, at least
when we were there. Todd has more details of that trip on his web site:
http://www.farmertodd.com/NANFA/101202/

Mark
Ohio
USA