NANFA-- Dambusia

John Bongiovanni (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Fri, 31 Jan 2003 11:39:23 -0600

Speaking of Cyto C sequencing work....

I did some RFLP work on Gambusia affinis populations in Texas in the early 90's (not published) assuming that I was looking at relatively native populations.

Since then I've been told by an authorative source that the populations in texas are introduced and not native. Originally the populations were restricted to Florida and the south Gulf Coast east of the Mississippi. I have not seen that in the literature nor on the USGS web site. Does anyone have insight on this?

John