Re: NANFA-- "Ugliest fish in North America"

Richard Rego (mummichog_at_naisp.net)
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 13:26:36 -0500

Hey All,

I just e-mailed Joyce Morrison my two-cents on her article. I EAGERLY
await her reply!

Rick Rego

----- Original Message -----
From: <ichthos_at_comcast.net>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Monday, January 05, 2004 1:19 PM
Subject: RE: NANFA-- "Ugliest fish in North America"

> Wow. That article is so angry, so divisive, so black-and-white, and so
gloom-and-doom that it borders on parody. I couldn't have written a better
parody of extreme right-wing anti-environmental propaganda if I had tried!

> It's sad that so many people don't value our natural heritage. But it's
truly frightening that so many people just flat out HATE IT and depict
helpless critters like the pallid sturgeon, and those who like them, as
ENEMIES OF THE STATE AND OF ALL THINGS GOOD AND JUST.

> Too bad the author is so biologically illiterate. As all "right"-thinking
people know, the ugliest fish in North America is the bigeye carp.