RE: NANFA-- Stream Bed Concerns -Columbia

Dustin Smith (dsmith73_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 05 Jan 2004 18:47:45 -0500

We will certainly be cognizant of this problem and do as much as possible to
avoid any major disruption. Many of the sites will be swampy areas where
disruption is not as much of an issue. I think that the trash bag idea is a
good one and we will see what we can do to add these to the collecting gear.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Denkhaus, Robert" <Robert.Denkhaus_at_fortworthgov.org>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Subject: RE: NANFA-- Stream Bed Concerns -Columbia
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:56:48 -0600

Stream bed and shoreline disruption is something that John and I discussed
while standing on the bridge overlooking Paint Rock in Alabama. It is a
serious concern and something that we as an organization should be cognizant
of during our convention because of the potential negative view that folks
could have of us and our activities. I recommend that Dustin, Chip and
Fritz
think long and hard about the sites they choose based upon their abilities
deal with the NANFAn onslaught. I would also suggest that the SC group find
someone to donate some litter bags that could be passed out so that everyone
has something to haul trash in. At least that way, we can leave the area
cleaner than when we got there.

Rob Denkhaus
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge