Re: NANFA-- RE: Roughfish

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Sun, 11 Jan 2004 20:12:56 EST

In a message dated 1/11/04 4:12:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
Shinerscoop_at_aol.com writes:

> Moon,
>
> There are sturgeon here, but all are listed and therefore NOT on my
> menu......Are they really good?

My Dad runs a charter boat service out of San Francisco and his main season
is sturgeon fishing. I have eaten quite a bit of sturgeon and it is the best
fish available. At one time sturgeon was sold in restaurants all over the US but
over fishing pretty much cleaned them out by the turn of the century. It's
one of the reasons I want to be able to breed them someday. but just getting a
few to keep is very difficult, even from other breeders.

Moon