Re: NANFA--Cure for the o-spot

Bob Bock (bockhouse_at_earthlink.net)
Tue, 27 Jan 2004 16:15:33 -0500

If it were my fish, I'd try him for a week at two teaspoons of instant ocean
per gallon at 82 degrees. It sounds like he's not going to live very long
anyway, and the sodium treatment might kill the bug that's infecting him
before the bug kills him.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Sandel" <kwksand_at_yahoo.com>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2004 11:43 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA--Cure for the o-spot

> Sorry Todd,
>
> I don't really know how to fix your fish...but I have had an Aulunocara
species do the exact same thing, with no other fish in the tank showing any
symptoms. So if you do cut him up and find something, let me know. :)
...Actually, I will make an attempt to help. My former employer had an
orangespot that would not do well on prepared food that the tankmates made
no fuss about. He supplemented the food with crushed snails (o-spots natural
food) and the fish perked up quite a bit....maybe theirs a connection.