Re: NANFA-- Wasting o-spot.

Todd Crail (farmertodd_at_buckeye-express.com)
Wed, 28 Jan 2004 16:05:52 -0500

Definately going to save all this info you guys are passing around (thanks
Nick, Ron and Scott). I think Nick makes a good point here, and that's
what's steering my descision on this particular fish. That fish is going to
be in an uncycled system, is going to get slightly poisoned, I'm going to
have to do waterchanges, order the meds, etc etc etc. It's just wide open
for more suffering because I am ungodly busy at work right now.

What I am going to do is set up a dedicated 20 gallon (or two) for
quarantine in the stand of this new 100 gallon someone is giving to me <wink
wink> for such occassions as this. And have the dewormer meds on hand...
It would have been nice to have them available when I first noticed his
issues right after capture. He came from a pretty high stress environment,
DNR sport fish factory dam effluent (pretty ugly), so it wouldn't have
suprised me if his ability to fight _anything_ off was severely compromised
even before I threw him in a bucket and drug him home to tank life.

Did I say I was getting a free 100 gallon? 72x18x18 of yummy goodness. Can
you say BIG ROCK RIFFLE? E. variatum you will be sought out! :)

And it's going to be horribly tempting to use the ol' 175w halides and do
emmergents and stuff. Oh my! I'm getting..... verklempt. It's just so...
beautiful... talkamongstyourselves <sniff>