Re: NANFA-- nanfa 2001

Robert Carillio (darterman_at_hotmail.com)
Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:04:15 EDT

The interesting thing about having Ohio as a site for the convention, is
that I believe that whatever threat their has been to our natives, we have
been through it. We have seen everything from burning rivers to development
that has impact. If one does a little looking, they will find a great number
of groups in Ohio, that are participating in the effort to better our water
quality. I would like to start rounding them up to show what they are doing
and to exchange ideas. We are in a state that has to strike a balance
between eco. develop. and conservation. I think a lot of positive things and
progress has been made here inspite of maybe often hearing the negative. I
believe we can teach other areas facing the same situations, how to
diplomatically deal with problems. We also have many eager members who are
finally coming to the surface to participate in the group more...