Re: NANFA-- Mexican catfishes (was "collecting at night")

Norman Edelen (normane_at_edelendoors.com)
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:30:59 -0700

The catfish we collected was Rhamdia guatemalensis. These were in the fast
flowing waters of the Mizol Ha.

In a brackish lagoon in Tampico (much further north), we captured two member
of some species in the Ariidae family. We didn't identify it to the genus
or species level. We simply released them.

I couldn't tell you more than that regarding the catfish of Mexico.

Norm

A proud member of
The Greater Portland Aquarium Society
www.gpas.org
The North American Native Fishes Association: over
20 years of conservation efforts, public education, and
aquarium study of our native fishes. Check it out at
www.nanfa.org