RE: NANFA-- RE: Paddlefish

Nicholas J. Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:00:59 -0400

Our paddlefish will eat pellets and anything else that we offer them. That
shouldn't be a problem. I will caution you though to contact your public
aquarium and ask them before you acquire paddlefish. Most public aquariums
have a collection plan which they follow for future exhibit animals. The
aquariums in your area might not have paddlefish in their collection plan
or they may want to acquire them from other institutions instead. Then you
are stuck with a white elephant. I do my best to try to caution people not
to use public aquariums as an outlet to get rid of fish that grow too large
for their set up.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216-661-6500 ex 4485

"Fish worship... is it wrong??" (Ray Troll)

------