RE : NANFA-- Paddlefish

Jeffrey Fullerton (tcmajorr_at_westol.com)
Mon, 08 Jul 2002 00:04:34 -0400

> Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2002 12:00:59 -0400
> From: "Nicholas J. Zarlinga"
> Subject: RE: NANFA-- RE: Paddlefish
>
> Our paddlefish will eat pellets and anything else that we offer them. That
> shouldn't be a problem. I will caution you though to contact your public
> aquarium and ask them before you acquire paddlefish. Most public aquariums
> have a collection plan which they follow for future exhibit animals. The
> aquariums in your area might not have paddlefish in their collection plan
> or they may want to acquire them from other institutions instead. Then you
> are stuck with a white elephant. I do my best to try to caution people not
> to use public aquariums as an outlet to get rid of fish that grow too large
> for their set up.

If that option fails with the sturgeon, you can always try a hand at
making them into a meal - which is the environmentally responsible
alternative to dumping them in a lake like someone did those snakeheads.

When smaller fish are involved, there is the option of using them as
feeders.

Jeff