NANFA-- Chris' dedication and others' junk

Brian Haas (bhaas_at_netexpress.net)
Tue, 23 Jul 2002 15:36:21 -0500

And so do I! With the sometimes painfully erroneous grammar and structure
found in far too much of the aquarium literature, American Currents (and
TFH) is the only thing left to assure me that aquarium-keeping is a serious
enough hobby to be worth my time. I'm not a big fan of mindless leisure
activities; "mindless" being a description I find all too fitting for many
of the authors of modern aquarium literature.

I realize that I'm not perfect and my emails certainly aren't devoid of
errors, but if I'm going to let someone else waste the paper to publish my
words, I'm sure as heck going to make sure they are worth reading.

I'm getting nasty now, so I'll stop. But I still wish that some authors in
some aquarium magazines (cough, "FAMA!," cough) would either quit writing
or straighten up their act.

Travis Haas
Hazel Green WI

P.S. to Chris: thanks for all the wonderful issues of American Currents I
have had the honor to receive. They are truly literary masterpieces, at
least in their own NANFAey way.