RE: NANFA-- Anyone ever heard of...

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Tue, 30 Jul 2002 16:54:05 -0400

No problem :)

"Stocked as a forage fish for sport fish"

What? Shad don't work there? Or did the juvenile striped bass need something
else to eat? <sigh>

-----Original Message-----
From: Denkhaus, Robert
Sent: Tuesday, July 30, 2002 4:48 PM
To: nanfa_at_aquaria.net
Subject: RE: NANFA-- Anyone ever heard of...

Thanks Todd!! I was having trouble with my internet connection and just kept
timing out on all of my searches. Your link gave me a latin name and led me
to http://nas.er.usgs.gov/fishes/accounts/atherini/me_marti.html which shows
that the species is actually a marine species that has been introduced into a
couple of places in Texas... Yet another introduction...sigh.

Thanks again,

Rob Denkhaus
Fort Worth Nature Center & Refuge

-