Re: NANFA-- Any Betta breeders here?

Philip Kukulski (kukulski_at_umich.edu)
Wed, 02 Jul 2003 16:12:32 -0400

I have had Bettas for decades. I like sticking to Gene Lucas terminology;
combodian bettas have a light body inner color layer without black scale
edges - nothing to do with the pattern of red or blue/green on the fish.

Yes, I have cambodians - Red fish from Hagewood? that had a major fault of
black scale edges. Took 2 generations for me to remove the black. My fish
are getting old and have not given a 3rd generation.

I have been looking for years for someone to work on a non-irridescent
strain with me.

Philip

--On Thursday, July 03, 2003, 10:29 AM -0700 Sajjad Lateef