Re: NANFA-- Cyclops net

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Thu, 3 Jul 2003 16:41:55 EDT

In a message dated 7/3/03 3:45:03 PM Eastern Daylight Time, BR0630_at_aol.com
writes:

> That's surprising to me in that out here in our temporary pools in SW
Idaho,

> the cyclops can be found from late March to May and maybe June if the
> weather
> stays cool, but they are definitely all gone by July not to reappear again
> until the following spring. I've tried keeping some and have fair luck up
> until
> sometime in early June; then they just disappear from my cultures.
Anything
> special that you do to keep your cultures going? It's been my experience
> that
> fish prefer cyclops to daphnia if given a choice.
>
> Bruce

for some reason the cyclops here only take over when the weather is hot. when
the weather cools down the daphnia will come back. they are so tiny it's
difficult to harvest them. about half the size of newly hatched brine shrimp or
maybe a little smaller. all i can harvest are the biggest ones.

Moon