Re: NANFA-- Least Killifish

Dustin Smith (dsmith73_at_hotmail.com)
Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:12:46 -0400

<x-flowed>
Problem with those guys is that most males slip through the mesh in your
net. THey max out at about 3/4 inch. You usually have to be really careful
to ensure that you have some males. There is a chance that the females may
drop for you. If not, let me know and we will send some males from that
area the next time we get down there.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Rick Phillips" <philipsr_at_chartertn.net>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Subject: NANFA-- Least Killifish
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 13:03:47 -0400

On a trip a few weeks ago to the Charleston, SC area I collected some least
killifish (Heterandria formosa) from a ditch near my motel. In brought back
10 or 15 to Kingsport and put them in a heavily planted 10 gal tank. I was
hoping to get a colony going, problem is that seems I only brought back
females! I wonder what the chances are that some of these will drop some
young? I have had them for more than a month and no babies yet.

Rick

Rick Phillips
Kingsport, Tennessee
</x-flowed>