RE: NANFA-- Re: NANFA- Colonial Hydrozoans (At Cranberry Glade La

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Fri, 23 Jun 2000 11:22:45 -0400

Two products of interest...

The Brine Shrimp Direct golden pearls:
http://www.brineshrimpdirect.com/product.htm#gold-pearls

ESV's spray dried phytoplankton:
http://mops.on.ca/products/FOEV-221.htm (couldn't find ESVs site, so I went
with the seller with the best description :)

As both these applications focus on bang fer the buck per particle size, and
really are only glorified flake food, I don't see any problems here with
cross application (unlike using DT's phytoplankton which is a dormant
nannochloropsis culture, which is probably specific to marine water). I use
both to feed my entire marine comunities (all the sand and rock infuana) and
my acroporids, etc. to meet both phyto and zoo plankton niches. And... I've
seen some horrible people keep tridacnid clams alive with them as well,
which disgusts me (just the food, no consideration for the zooxanthellea),
but... Might be an excellent way of keeping all those fabulous native
bivalves you've always wondered about :)