Re: NANFA-- shipping silversides- need ID confirmation

Roselawn Museum (roselawn_at_mindspring.com)
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 15:47:17 -0400

Hi Sorin

The only way I've been able to tell brook from inland (thanks to
Peterson's) is the allignment of the of the first dorsal. On the brook the
origin of the first dorsal is in line with the origin of the anal fin. On
the inland, it is situated ahead of the anal fin. Hope this helps.

Steven A. Ellis
Kennesaw, GA