Re: NANFA-- FW: Black Banded Sunfish

Rich Butts (richbutts44_at_yahoo.com)
Sat, 1 Jun 2002 19:52:51 -0700 (PDT)

My plan is to set up an outside above the ground pond for my Black banded Sunfish only. It will be 4'X4" and be about 18" deep with lots of potted plants like lillies and other underwater plants. Also lots of other debree like old branches, large stones, and other hiding places for them. Bare liner with no gravel and and 2 air foam filters. If I find lots of babies swimming about, I will remove all of the adults and leave it all for the babies.
Rich Butts
Jay DeLong <thirdwind_at_att.net> wrote: From webpage visitor murray1753 at rogers.com

-----Original Message-----
From: Bryan Murray
Sent: Saturday, June 01, 2002 1:27 PM
To: nanfa_at_att.net
Subject: Black Banded Sunfish

I am thinking of setting up a tank(s) for black banded sunfish (enneacanthus
chaetodon). Has anyone had luck keeping/spawning these lovely little
sunfish? Any help regarding water, substrate, plants or food etc. would be
appreciated. I have kept natives before but have read that blackbanded can
be tricky and hard to breed.
thanks for any help - bryan murray