Re: NANFA-- Intriguing tiny sturgeon

William Hoppe (whoppe_at_leadhill.net)
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 21:45:37 -0500

OH NUTS !
Bill Hoppe
Yellville Arkansas
A gathering of fish heads --its smelly but fun.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Steve Hayes" <steve_hayes127_at_yahoo.com>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2002 9:34 PM
Subject: Re: NANFA-- Intriguing tiny sturgeon

> The small size for the sturgeon is about right. 7-8 year class for
atlantic sturgeon are only about 12-18 inches according to a guide I read.
That growth can be stunted by protien poor diets or crowding more than 1
specimen per square foot.
> Only problem with having them breed is you'll have to wait about 5 or 6
years. On the up side they live to be about 70 maybe even 100 so that comes
out to about a dime a year for each one.
> Enjoy,
> Steve
>
> P.S. I would be interested in getting in touch with the hatchery that has
them.
> Irate Mormon <archimed_at_netdoor.com> wrote: Some of you may have read my
post about silversides recently. While