Re: NANFA-- South Carolina fish books

Dustin Smith (dsmith73_at_hotmail.com)
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:37:07 -0400

<x-flowed>
David, there is a book in the works for the fishes of SC but no firm date
for it's release yet. Will likely be a little while. In the meantime,
there is a great book that covers the fishes of SC as part of a region
called Freshwater Fishes of the Carolinas, Virginia, Maryland, and Delaware
by Rohde, et al. I covers most all of the fishes of SC with good pictures,
life histories, etc. I believe Jonah's Aquarium carries it. If not, it's
available through the other on-line book carriers. If the bug reall has
you, you're welcome to come over and take a sneak peak at SC any time you
like.

----Original Message Follows----
From: "David Ramsey" <djramsey_at_earthlink.net>
To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
Subject: NANFA-- South Carolina fish books
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 13:07:58 -0400

Being newly addicted to this native fish stuff, and with South Carolina next
year and so close to home here in Georgia, comes this question.
What is the book/books I need to start trying to get so I can start studying
the fish most likely to find at the next convention. Boy I got it bad. The
last convention is only a couple of days over and I am already wanting to
see what I can dream of catching at the next one.
While I am at it, what are the book/books for Georgia on fish identifying?
David Ramsey
djramsey_at_earthlink.net
</x-flowed>