NANFA-- x rated...but relavent (ok to open)

Nick Zarlinga (njz_at_clevelandmetroparks.com)
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 08:03:44 -0400

There's nothing 'fishy' about pornography Thought ya'll might need a
morning wakeup.

Nick Zarlinga
Aquarium Biologist
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
216.661.6500 ext 4485

-----Original Message-----
From: mftag_at_lists.aza.org
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2003 2:01 AM
To: Nicholas Zarlinga
Subject: mftag_at_lists.aza.org Digest

There's nothing 'fishy' about pornography
http://in.news.yahoo.com/030612/139/2529f.html
----

Home - Yahoo! - Help
Home Top Stories Technology Local Business World Sports
Entertainment

Thursday June 12, 5:11 PM

There's nothing 'fishy' about pornography

Sydney, June 12 (ANI): Pornography may just have crossed new
frontiers. A research reveals how "soft porn" films showing flirting fishes
can induce male fishes to enhance ejaculation.

According to New Scientist, and reported by the Sydney Morning Herald,
researchers at the University of Fribourg believe that the fish porn
simulates conditions in the wild where mating male sticklebacks ejaculate
more if they are threatened by other finned wooers swimming nearby. The male
builds a nest before beginning an elaborate courtship with his chosen
female.

When sufficiently charmed by her male, the female lays her eggs in his
nest for him to ejaculate over to fertilise them. Males who feel their nest
is threatened by other frisky males, ejaculate more to raise their chances
of being the first to father the baby fish.

The researchers put together two full-colour computer animations
showing virtual sticklebacks. The first was the "sexy" film of a male
courting a female, while the other showed a male caring for his brood. Both
films were shown to 17 male sticklebacks who had each built a nest from
twine in a gravel-filled Petrie dish in their separate fish tanks. The two
films were shown in random order to each male. After each stickleback had
watched one film for a couple of minutes, a female was put in the tank to
spawn.

The New Scientist reported that each fish ejaculated more sperm over
the eggs if they had seen the fish porn than if they had just seen the male
with brood. (ANI)

Email this article to your friend - View most
popular
Prev Story: JLo on a dumping streak ( ANI)
Next Story: We read by features, not by words ( ANI)

More World Stories
* Soon, cell phones will spend money on your behalf! ( ANI)
* Vajpayee launches "Vidya Vahini" pilot project ( ANI)
* Four infiltrators gunned down near Jammu ( ANI)
* Jaya keen on revival of "Third Front" ( ANI)
* Aamir Khan all set to prove his mettle in a music album
ANI)
----

Questions or Comments?
Copyright ) 2001 ANI-Asian News International. All rights reserved.
Copyright (c) 2003 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.
listserv to:
"Tom Tucker" <ttucker_at_calacademy.org>
1 choroman_at_ripleys.com
FW: Yahoo! India News - There's nothing 'fishy' about pornography
| Message 1 188191
| From: <choroman_at_ripleys.com>
| Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2003 10:03:32 -0500
| Subject: FW: Yahoo! India News - There's nothing 'fishy' about pornography
| | | [attachment below: attachment 17d825-2]
| | There's nothing 'fishy' about pornographyThere's nothing 'fishy' about
| pornography
| http://in.news.yahoo.com/030612/139/2529f.html
| | |
| ----
| | Home - Yahoo! - Help
| Entertainment
| | There's nothing 'fishy' about pornography
| frontiers. A research reveals how "soft porn" films showing flirting fishes
| can induce male fishes to enhance ejaculation.
| | According to New Scientist, and reported by the Sydney Morning
Herald,
| researchers at the University of Fribourg believe that the fish porn
| simulates conditions in the wild where mating male sticklebacks ejaculate
| more if they are threatened by other finned wooers swimming nearby. The
male
| builds a nest before beginning an elaborate courtship with his chosen
| female.
| | When sufficiently charmed by her male, the female lays her eggs in
his
| nest for him to ejaculate over to fertilise them. Males who feel their nest
| is threatened by other frisky males, ejaculate more to raise their chances
| of being the first to father the baby fish.
| | The researchers put together two full-colour computer animations
| showing virtual sticklebacks. The first was the "sexy" film of a male
| courting a female, while the other showed a male caring for his brood. Both
| films were shown to 17 male sticklebacks who had each built a nest from
| twine in a gravel-filled Petrie dish in their separate fish tanks. The two
| films were shown in random order to each male. After each stickleback had
| watched one film for a couple of minutes, a female was put in the tank to
| spawn.
| | The New Scientist reported that each fish ejaculated more sperm
over
| the eggs if they had seen the fish porn than if they had just seen the male
| with brood. (ANI)
most
| popular
| | | | | |
| Prev Story: JLo on a dumping streak ( ANI)
| Next Story: We read by features, not by words ( ANI)
| | More World Stories
| * Soon, cell phones will spend money on your behalf! ( ANI)
| * Vajpayee launches "Vidya Vahini" pilot project ( ANI)
| * Four infiltrators gunned down near Jammu ( ANI)
| * Jaya keen on revival of "Third Front" ( ANI)
| * Aamir Khan all set to prove his mettle in a music album (
| ANI)
| |
| | | |