Re: NANFA-- odd critters

Tony (anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th)
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 00:00:07 +0700

Ok sorry but those links to Lake Nicaragua all wrote about swordfish but no
sawfish, so I suspect they actually wrote about the usual sawfish [and not
swordfish [just use find to find the part of the word "saw" and "sword" and you
probably find only swordfish]. BTW there is some account somewhere [not Nicaragua
links] of bull shark going deep into upper parts of the Amazon. It would be nice
to see any billfish in freshwater.

Tony
p.s. in the FAO Cambodian Mekong book it is written that a specie of mackerel do
travel into the Mekong river mainstream at least up to the Tonle Sap with some
regularity.