Re: NANFA-- odd critters

Tony (anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th)
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:02:15 +0700

Thanks for confirming this. I am not joking anyway. However I do not think the
mackeral spawn in freshwater. When I reread the book the species name is
Scomberomorus sinensis and it travels straight up to Khone Falls mainly looking for
easy prey. Also some Jacks and travellys do venture into the river.
I am not sure if Indian Tor species travel into brackish or salt water area but
ones in Thailand are restricted to upper parts of the river system. In Japan
though I think the cyprinids of the genus Tribolodon species [ugui?] venture into
the sea. I see a pic of the returning adults of Tribolodon hakonensis that has the
color pattern exactly like giant RBDs. Also may you fill me on natural history and
captive care of the trout-like cyprinids Zacco [oikawa and kawamutsu A & B] and
Opsariichthys species [hasu]?

Tony
anutej_at_loxinfo.co.th