RE: NANFA-- conversion factors

Al G Eaton (sege7_2000_at_yahoo.com)
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 07:42:09 -0800 (PST)

I would make up my own stock solutions, at least
three, of known salt concentration and then draw a
curve through it ... and then note where your water
falls....to redce the non'linearity of the measurement
you should make stock solutions that fall beyond
either end of your desired concentration. Note
microsiemens will include any conductable impurity of
your water, so if your pond/tank water already has a
number of minerals in it you will have to take that in
account too....just use it instead of deonized water
when you make your stock solutions, and use some
without adding any salt as a baseline.
--- "Nicholas J. Zarlinga"