RE: NANFA-- off-topic: CANDIRU!

Crail, Todd (tcrail_at_northshores.com)
Wed, 6 Mar 2002 13:36:02 -0500

I'll never hear "Dust in the Wind" the same again....

According to Babelfish:

Introduction: Urologistas that they take care of in urgency jobs is
accustomed to the uretrorragia causes most frequent as calculation
impactado in uretra, infections and even though some cases of bodies
estranhos. Mas, without a doubt, a fish inside of uretra is incrível.

Clinical case: Patient of 23 years, masculine sex, looks the job of
urgency with extreme difficulty to urinar and bleed for uretra, with
history of that she has 3 days suffers an attack for a fish from the
Amazon region known by the name from CANDIRÚ and that the same she had
penetrated in its uretra when was urinando inside of the river, it
related that it tried to hold it, but was very smooth and it seemed to
be of small size. To the physical examination, the patient presented
itself discoloured with fever, fort pain to the manipulation of the
penis, urinária clamping, bleed for the penis and great swell of
escrotal stock market. Directed to the surgical center, and, under
anesthesia, we carry through cistoscopia (endoscopia of uretra and
bladder) for diagnosis and documentation of the case. We identify that
the fish was of great size occupying all uretra previous and with
impactação close to the urinário sphincter or muscle that controls piss
(probably, while alive the fish tried to penetrate in escrotal stock
market, explaining the important swell of the same one). Thinks about
opening the períneo and to remove it for this saw, but we obtain to
remove it for saw endoscópica. Patient remained interned with inherent
clinical cares to the case and, in the pursuing of one year, nip of
uretra and / or any did not aprentou another complication.

Quarrel: This fish was overthrown in the ictiológica collection of the
INPA (15590) and positively identified as of the Siluriformes order;
Family Trichomycteridae and Gênero Plectrochilus.Provavelmente the
attack occurs for some substance in piss human being who attracted this
fish. Of all the forms this was the only registered certification of
accident with human beings.