NANFA-- Re: nanfa V1 #1217

CompTIAPol_at_aol.com
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 23:20:15 EST

In a message dated 3/23/2002 8:26:35 PM Eastern Standard Time,
owner-nanfa-digest_at_aquaria.net writes:

> Jeff-

You need mass for solar heat storage, not just a heat absorbtitve (black)
color, and you need exposure to heat such as direct sun (the more the better)
to heat the mass. I don't know of where you can get square black containers,
but you could spray paint black any stackable container and fill it with
water. Dark stone (slate, dark marble/granite for example, the thicker the
better), is also good for solar heat storage. You can often find both at yard
sales or get blemished pieces cheap from stonemasons.
Bruce Hahn
.
I am close to enclosing my greenhouse and would like to obtain some

> square plastic containers perferably black that can be stacked against
> the back wall to function as thermal mass for solar heat storage.
>
> Anyone know of a source where I might get them - possibly as throw
> aways. I would need a source in or reasonably near western Pennsylvania.

Note: The AOL return e-mail address on the header to this message is a
temporary address we are using while changing ISPs- please continue sending
e-mail to my permanent address, which is bhahn_at_comptia.org

About CompTIA
CompTIA, the Computing Technology Industry Association, is a not-for-profit
trade association of more than 8,000 companies and 5,000 professional IT
members in the rapidly converging computing and communications market.
CompTIA has members in more than 50 countries and provides a unified voice
for the industry in the areas of public policy, e-commerce standards,
vendor-neutral certification, service metrics, and workforce development.
More than a quarter of a million individuals worldwide have earned CompTIA
certifications in PC service, networking, document imaging, Internet and PC
server technologies. More information is available at www.comptia.org.