Re: NANFA-- Pygmy killifish spawning (!)

Bruce Stallsmith (fundulus_at_hotmail.com)
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 21:01:21 -0500

<x-flowed>
My experience with the Pygmy is they don't eat flake food but will take
"prepared" food such as frozen Brine Shrimp and freeze-dried tubifex. The
fish are so shy that I rarely actually see them eat, but they must eat on a
regular basis since they're still alive...

As to finding them in acidic waters... sometimes, from what I've seen and
heard. My fish are being kept in water with TDS of about 130 ppm, and a pH
of 7.4.

--Bruce Stallsmith
Huntsville, AL, US of A

>From: "Bob Bock" <bockhouse_at_earthlink.net>
>To: <nanfa_at_aquaria.net>
>Subject: Re: NANFA-- Pygmy killifish spawning (!)
>Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2003 20:42:36 -0500
>
>I'm mentioning these in my slide show. Do the adults eat prepared food?
>Are they primarily an acid water species?
</x-flowed>