RE: NANFA-- collecting bug and Lab

broosa (broosa_at_brockport.edu)
Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:11:00 -0500

Thanks Toss

Several people responded with names and projects. No labs specializing but
many dedicated individuals. I wonder if exploring the set up of a lab
dedicated to our nongame fauna is worth considering? Any ideas out there?

I had a great trip myself in December, several students and myself were
collecting rock bass for a behavioral experiment they have been working on
this semester. Nothing like the feel of a dip net when it freezes in to a
solid dome everytime you bring it to the surface.
The rainbow darters were already deepened in color. Education is key, most of
these students are serious ecology/biology types and had never seen a rainbow
with color! Wait until april, they will love that.

-