Re: NANFA-- RE: River stages

Susan A. Hawkins (shawkins_at_nar.com)
Tue, 18 Mar 2003 10:44:16 -0500

<x-flowed>
Also useful are the USGS Water Division websites - I used to work at the
NYS [Water Division] District Office as a scientific illustrator, and one
of the cool things they've got going is real-time data for stream-flow and
stuff like that. Here is a link for one such spot that happens to have a
web-cam:
http://ny.waterdata.usgs.gov/nwis/uv/?site_no=01357500&PARAmeter_cd=00065,00060

I'm fairly confident that although other water districts may not have
webcams up, they probably all have real-time data of some sort up.

At 10:23 AM 3/18/03 -0500, you wrote:
>Yer right, B.G., and below is a very fleshed out link to one such river
>monitoring site, this one for the Elk River in AL in particular, and going
>up the hierarchy one finds links to the whole Mississippi River system.
>This one is updated every day about 9 a.m.
>
>http://www.srh.noaa.gov/lmrfc/forecast/tributaries/DUCK-ELK-FLINT-PAINT_ROCK_BASINS/PSPT1.shtml
>
>--Bruce Stallsmith
>Huntsville, AL, US of A

Susan A. Hawkins Manager, Production & Computer
Operations
National Aerial Resources
37 Avenue D
Saratoga Springs, NY 12866