Re: NANFA-- Ohio collecting laws - need help

Mark (nanfa_at_jonahsaquarium.com)
Wed, 3 Mar 2004 16:04:38 -0500

At 12:23 PM -0800 3/1/04, matt ashton wrote:
>Mark, wouldnt you agree it is almost always up to a case by case,
>ODNR officer basis because it is so losely interprited. Most of the
>time the enforcement agents don't have any kind of involvement in
>the biological side , and vice versa, so they go youre doing what?
>and take a look and ask a few questions and then move on..

Umm... maybe? Yeah, it probably does depend a lot on the experience
and attitude of the person you are dealling with. It also depends on
your attitude. I have only been questioned by an officer once (in
Ohio). He wanted to look in our coolers, I think for undersized
trout. My standard line to inquirers is, "I'm catchin' minnows."
That usually is boring enough to discourage further interest.
Though, if I sense that the person is a closet or latent NANFAn, I
hand 'em a net and say "give it a try". :)

--
Mark
Ohio