Re: NANFA-- Wild plants.

John B (bongi_at_cox-internet.com)
Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:49:28 -0600

Absolutamente! Plants is plants regardless of where you get them. I
currently have in my tank wild collected
Watercress
Cabomba
Ceratophyllum
Bacopa
Frogbit
Some sort of Fontanalis sp. Moss (antipyretica?)
Ludwigia glandulosa
And the fish love em'

Here's a link to a little presentation I've done on Native Texas Plants
<http://www.cox-internet.com/pretzelogic/TEXAS%20AQUATIC%20PLANTS.pdf>.
Its part of a larger presentation.
Many of these plants you might recognize as common aquarium plants.

A 1-20 concentration of bleach to water will remove bost of the badies
(algae, eggs and stuff) for 10 seconds.
Less exposure for Mosses and Complex Algaes (Chara and Nitella). Go
over them well prior to placing in the tank to remove decaying leaves
and "hitchhikers".

John