Re: NANFA-- Minnesota Natives for a 75

Moontanman_at_aol.com
Mon, 29 Mar 2004 22:44:11 EST

In a message dated 3/29/04 6:43:45 PM Eastern Standard Time,
aerburns_at_hotmail.com writes:

> I would like to hear some suggestions that people may have for a setup like
> this. Or if there are any Minnesota people that would like to drop me a
> line, feel free. I certainly will need a little help finding good places
> colect if I decide to set up my tank in a native fasion.

The only suggestion I can make is that the river stones, wood and such have a
sand layer beneath them. A sand bottom is very healthy for all fish
especially natives. How big are the fish you intend to keep? North America holds fish
of nearly any size and sunfish are a beautiful replacement for cichlids. But
there are other thoughts on this matter. Your tank and filtration will serve you
well with many native fish.

Moon